Thursday, January 17, 2013

The beginning....

Every year, one of my New Year's resolutions is to start eating better and every year I don't follow through. I'm not sure why this year is different, but it is. I think I'm just ready. The good thing is that my husband, Doug, is ready as well. As I started looking into eating healthier, I came across several other blogs and articles on getting rid of processed foods. After reading very briefly some of the issues a lot of processed foods can cause, I decided this is definitely something I wanted to do. After talking it over with Doug, we both decided to try to weed out processed foods over the next month and to hopefully be 90% processed free by February 1st.


We're a couple of weeks in and we've shopped for groceries once. I have now decided to start documenting our journey. Plus, this will keep me accountable and hopefully on track. Our family has horrible eating habits, so this is going to be a big change for us. One of the first things I've done is cut back to one soda a day and now I'm to one soda every other day. After February 1st, I won't be buying soda anymore. Yay! I'm really excited that I've made it to one every other day. This is a big step for me!


The one huge challenge to this will be budget. We have very little, if any extra, so changing to organic and not processed will be very difficult. I'm going to do my best though.


Another challenge will be my knowledge, which is very limited. But, I plan to learn a lot along the way!


So, join me on my journey. I'm excited to see where it takes me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment