Friday, January 18, 2013

A Bad Day, Yet a Good Day

Today, we buried my husband's Uncle Tom. He was an amazing man. It's so good to go to funeral's like that. One where the deceased had lived a life pleasing to God and you heard it over and over again from so many different people. What a privilege we had to be able to know him as part of our family.

After the burial, we returned to the church for the meal they had prepared for us. I took one look at the table full of food and told Doug that we would just have to forgo our new healthy eating stance. So, we piled our plates with a ton of food and I had two desserts. When I got done eating, I looked at Doug and said I feel sick. He was like, yeah, me too. This is why we're making this change. You should finish eating and feel great, not like crap! What a great reminder. We've only been working on this for 2 weeks and we can tell a difference. I can't imagine what it will be like once we're completely free of processed foods and free for a long time. What a great thing to look forward to!

On another exciting note, I'm visiting my first ever healthy food store tomorrow. I have a stack of coupons to use at Earth Fare. So excited to get my feet wet in this area. Next on my list is Trader Joe's. Living outside of Indy, I'm sure there will be plenty of more I can try out. I'm hoping to get a list of the best deals at each store and then rotate when I go to each store to stock up. Being on a tight budget is going to make this change hard, but I am determined to make it doable!

No comments:

Post a Comment